Players will be selected for the Select program based on their competency within the following categories:
- Technical Skill - a players ability to consistently perform the fundamental skills at a high level.
- Understanding of the game - players must show knowledge and execution of how to problem solve in game situations whilst under pressure.
- Speed of play - Combining decision making with execution of skill at game speed. The faster the better.
- Commitment to learn - players must show that they are committed to the process of development and be available for all training sessions and tournament game play.
- Attitude and general behavior - players that misbehave or do not follow coaching instructions and generally disrupt the group will not be allowed to participate in the program.